top of page

Buisman Fighters

Openbaar·8 Sporters
Jordan Clark
Jordan Clark

Download Mail Mac 10.6.8 VERIFIED

I reinstalled Mail. Unfortunately the problem still exists. The problem is that I receive emails, but I can't see the mail. I know the incoming mails are there, because I see them on webmail. Sending an email got the same problem. I can send an email, but I don't see the email anymore. What could be the solution?

Download Mail Mac 10.6.8

Don't feel too bad. I've had occasions where I, too, lose months of email from doing something. I haven't used Snow Leopard in a long time so I'm not sure I remember what is in the /Home/Library/Mail/ folder. There are a couple of files you can remove that will force Mail to re-build/download from your IMAP server if you have an IMAP mail account. But since I can't remember them I cannot tell you what files to remove nor do I know if you use IMAP mail. If you use IMAP mail and haven't deleted any messages, then they would still be on the server. In fact you could simply delete the email account in Mail then re-create it from scratch. This should force a full download of whatever is on the server.

The mail System for your 10.6.8 OS is 4.6 (1085) I'm not sure the system would allow you to have a higher mail version. But if you are saying that you want a previous mail version that you updated to 4-6 I doubt you can do that either.

The 10.6.8 update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:

I was recently prompted to d/l the most recent V. of firefox for my old macbook running 10.6.8 and AFTER REPLACING the older V. I'm told the new V. won't run. I've tried getting El Capitan from Apple but the d/l won't even start. Please help me!

To configure your Apple Mail application for OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or OS X 10.7 (Lion) program to send and receive email using our servers through the IMAP protocol, please follow the steps below. Please replace:

In the Description field enter a short description for your account. This name would show up only in your own email program. You can set a name such as "Work Account", "Sales mail", "John" etc.

To proceed with the configuration, uncheck the Take account online checkbox and click the Create button.9. You should see the new mail account listed in the Accounts section. Choose the Edit SMTP Server List... option from the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) drop-down menu.

I was one of those who had problems with printing after the 10.6.8 update (and pdf's with the 10.6.7 update) but was able to restore functionality by replacing the four unix apps as mentioned in the article and had everything running properly again within a couple of hours.

I do think that Apple's QA on the last two releases has been below par - hopefully it's because they're putting so much effort into Lion instead, and Lion will work better because of it. (And I hope too, that they'll circle back to 10.6.8 to fix these nagging issues.)

On my three-day-old MBP 13.3, updating to 10.6.8 knocked my Zumodrive icon off my desktop, and the "Open Zumodrive" command on the menubar opens a folder (Zumodrive_501) in a greyed-out Volumes dir/folder ... strange ... anybody? Will post updates if anything changes ...

Replacing the AppleHDA.kext file actually made my audio problems worse. I had to revert the entire system to 10.6.7. While some OS X updates have had a problem or two, I can't remember any that compare to 10.6.8. It is absolutely the worst ever, bar none. Rather than encourage me that Apple is working hard on Lion, I get the message that Apple has lost touch with quality control altogether. I will definitely be waiting to upgrade to Lion till I see that all the bugs have been squashed, say by 10.7.2 or 3. Thank you ahead of time to the brave souls who will be troubleshooting the Lion for rest of us.

I'm a Mac consultant with a bit over 1400 clients. I've updated about 20 of them to 10.6.8 with no problems to report to date. Most of the problems reported seem to be with programs which change or modify kernel extensions or startup files - PGP or printer and scanner drivers, for instance. With thousands of these third party programs out there, you can't realistically test all of them, especially in various combinations like PGP Desktop and a HP scanner driver, for instance. So the fixes have to be after the problems manifest themselves in real live use.

What would I do without TidBITS! I recently ordered a Mac Mini because it will come with Snow Leopard installed instead of Lion. In doing so I will also be making the leap from Tiger. As a chronic late adopte